General Job Description
Responsibilities include welding wide ranges from light tacking to heavy flat, up weld and overhead. Verifies welds meet product specifications and quality standards. Works with blueprints to measure and position metal components for welding operation. Operates a wide range of power tools including, but not limited to saws, grinders, drills, welders, overhead cranes, hoists and forklifts. Must be able to comply with company safety policies, keep work area clean and neat and perform regular maintenance on tools.
Work Experience Requirements
- 1-2 years experience in MIG welding operations preferred; welding certificate/degree is a plus.
- Knowledge and ability to read , understand and follow job order specifications, work instructions and blueprints
- Ability to problem solve
- Good shop math skills, fractions and decimals
- Must be able to use standard measuring devices
- Ability to operate grinders, ironworkers, torch, etc.
- Ability to work standing on hard surface (e.g. concrete) for up to 10 hours per day in hot or cold environment.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Good visual acuity.
- Ability to climb, bend, kneel, crouch and stoop to perform various functions of the position.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have excellent attendance history.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends if requested.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- High school diploma or GED
- Trade school or college course work (in welding) is desired
- Welding Test
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- Health Assessment Questionnaire or medical examination