Seasons is a comprehensive behavioral health center offering a broad range of psychiatric and behavioral health services to communities in the northwest Iowa region. As the largest behavioral health provider in Northwest Iowa, we are committed to providing Innovative, Impactful, and Influential services to the communities we serve. Help us make a difference - join our team today!
We are currently seeking a compassionate and driven individual to be a Substance Abuse Counselor in our Sheldon, IA office.
The Substance Abuse Counselor will:
- Provide direct confidential substance abuse counseling to clients and families in both an individual and group setting
- Guide clients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with their problems
- Develop client treatment plans with measureable goals and objectives based on individual client strengths and needs
- and modify such treatment plans as needed to correspond with changes in clients' status
- Educate clients and families about addiction issues and available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as mental health providers, doctors, nurses, social workers, courts, probation officers, community services, or other post-treatment agencies
- Exhibits cultural competency by being knowledgeable and aware of the various cultures in our service area
- A certification in substance abuse counseling in the state of Iowa (CADC, IADC, IAADC) or the ability to obtain one is required
- 24 hours of college credit in substance abuse or a related field is required, a Bachelor's degree is preferred
- A licensed Master's level therapist (LMHC, LMSW, LISW or LMFT) is preferred
- Experience working with individuals with substance abuse disorders is preferred
- Bilingual candidates are preferred but not required
For more information, please visit us as www.seasonscenter.org or contact our human resources department at 800-242-5101.
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Benefits available to all eligible employees are available at the bottom of the careers tab at www.seasonscenter.org.
Seasons Center is an approved site for the NHSC loan repayment program.