Wanted - a hard-working team-player who enjoys working with their hands, to join the Shipping/Receiving team at the Midwest's premier laser cutting job shop. We are looking for the right person who can help Kooima Company achieve an aggressive growth goal by preparing parts to be shipped.
If this interests you, here are some of the things you would be doing to help us meet our goal:
- Using a forklift to move parts around the plant
- Providing our customers with the finest parts possible by banding and/or packaging parts securely so they aren't damaged during transport
- Ensuring our customers receive the correct order by matching up shipping orders and correctly pulling and/or staging parts that will be shipped the following day
- Ensuring that the finished parts and banding or packaging meet our world class standards
- Working with a high degree of efficiency, skill, and quality to help keep our customers' costs reasonable
If you can accomplish the above, you've got what it takes. Realistically though, to enjoy this job and be successful, you need to like performing physical tasks. You also need to be able to read the shipping orders. In addition, you need to be able to regularly lift, push, and/or pull up to 80 pounds, as well as regularly bend and reach with hands and arms. Previous experience in shipping is preferred, but not required.
- Like performing physical tasks
- Ability to read the shipping orders
- Basic computer and math skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to operate forklift and banding equipment
- Ability to regularly lift, push, and/or pull up to 80 pounds
- Ability to regularly bend and reach with hands and arms
- Previous experience in shipping is preferred, but not required