GCC Location: Sioux Center, IA
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll bewelcomed into a culture thatpromotes thecompany vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Drives truck equipped with aconcrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites.
1) Pre-trip inspection of ready-mix truck pursuant to D.O.T. regulations. Pre-trip inspectionincludes checking fluid levels of engine oil, antifreeze, tire pressure, brakes and other driveroperated controls for loading and unloading ready-mix.
2) Fills water tank before each delivery by placing rubber hose into water tank and filling after checking that all valves are shut.
3) Upon receiving delivery ticket, driver pulls truck under or backs truck under plant (depending on plant configuration) and charges mixer to receive concrete, making sure totake any admixtures or other ancillary products that are on ticket.
4) Uses map book and experience and takes most direct route to job site to ensure on timedelivery.
5) Safely drives truck to jobsite and arrives with the desired slump within customer or jobspecifications.
6) Upon arriving on jobsite, the driver must be able to safely maneuver truck in often veryunstable ground conditions. Safe observations of customer's equipment and conditions.
7) Driver will add necessary ingredients such as fibers, chemical admixtures, cements, orintegral colors at plant or jobsite, as well as other products.
8) Pursuant to customer needs, driver will place chutes from fender or hanging rack onto themain chute at the rear of truck for discharge. Upon completion of discharge, driver willwash the chutes and put back in appropriate location on truck.
9) Prior to leaving jobsite, driver is responsible for completing all paperwork and collection ofmoneys if necessary.
10) Upon completion of each shift, driver will wash truck with hose and brush, including the useof acidic solution when necessary.
11) Communicates with dispatch through the use of a two-way radio and the use of a truckstatus signaling system.
12) At the end of the shift, all paperwork must be completed and turned in.
13) Ready-mix driver is responsible to call callout each day for start time.
14) Each driver is expected to perform a post-trip inspection of truck pursuant to DOTregulations.
15) Performs other duties assigned by supervisor / management.
1) High school diploma (minimum); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Ability to pass Federal Department of Transportation drug screen and physical.
3) Maintain driving record in accordance with Federal and State Motor Carrier regulations, andmeet company policy requirements.
4) Must be able to take orders, instruction and guidance from management and supervisors.
5) Ability to handle cash and make change as well as perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
6) Ability to deal with customers and other employees in a diplomatic manner, in a variety ofstressful situations.
7) Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
8) Must safely operate truck and perform tasks that are congruent with company policy, andwithin state and federal laws.
9) Maintain Department of Transportation Health cond.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
Average Work Hours: 10 hours/day, 4 - 6 days/week
Lifting 100lbs. occasionally
Lifting 50lbs. frequently
Physical Demand: Heavy
WC: 9. Extremes temperatures (C or H)
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Wet & humid
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCCdoes not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC , FMLA , USERRA , and EPPA .