Marmen Energy, located in Brandon, South Dakota, is a wind tower manufacturer serving the south-central, north-central and midwestern United States markets. It is a subsidiary of Marmen, which is based in Trois-Rivieres (Quebec, Canada). Marmen is recognized as one of North America’s largest manufacturers of wind towers.
You will perform the necessary duties for the maintenance and installation of our advanced machines and equipment.
As a Millwright/Industrial Mechanic, you must be able to:
• Perform assembly and repair for a diversified range of equipment : hydraulic bending machine, welding equipment (manipulators and robots) overhead crane, lifting apparatuses, compressed air systems (compressors, blast rooms), gear boxes, motor controls, fans, pumps, piping/plumbing, valves, drains, etc.;
• Assemble and disassemble mechanic, hydraulic and pneumatic component;
• Diagnose and solve problems of all kinds;
• Perform rigging and lifting of all types of parts with the use of a travelling crane and forklift;
• Fabricate and install necessary material (brackets, hangers, supports, tubing, duct and structural steel) to accomplish installations;
• Make mechanical-welded parts and geometric adjustments to equipment (brakes, belts, precision bearings);
• Work from mechanical plans, blueprints, schematics, sketches and read hydraulic/pneumatic diagrams;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
You will work rotating shifts, a schedule that allows multiple days off in a row.
Marmen Energy offers job security and great benefits for full-time employees and eligible part-time employees, including: Life insurance/AD&D, medical plans, dental plans, vision plan, long term and short term disability insurance, 401K, holidays, paid time off, unpaid personal days and company-paid uniforms. Our healthcare insurance package is very competitive with a lower cost than average. We offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in a stimulating, fast-paced environment where you can progress every day.
In some cases, Marmen Energy will reimburse relocation expenses for new employees.
• Mechanical sense
• Manual dexterity
• Must have the ability to wear a tight-fitting respirator.
• Climb stairs and ladders; work at heights;
• Lift and carry between 30-50 lbs frequently, 50-70 lbs occasionally;
• Stand and walk for long periods of time;
• Bend, kneel, squat, twist, reach;
• Work above shoulder;
• Tolerate exposure to weather, hot/cold environments;
• Work in confined space;
• Work rotating shifts;
• Must provide his own tools;
• Diploma/training in Industrial Mechanic or relevant training.