Dean Foods is excited to announce an opening for a Machine Operator-Blowmold position!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities!
Monday-Friday 9:00PM-5:30AMJob Description & Requirements
The Blow Mold Operator is responsible for operating plastic blow molding machines and making necessary adjustments to ensure production of containers is made in a safe, efficient and high quality manner.
- Monitor conveyor lines for damaged bottles.
- Operate bagger and debagger stations.
- Troubleshoot and minor repair of blow mold equipment.
- Monitor empty bottle weights and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Train others on blow mold operation.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre*requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months related experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to able to stand, walk, push or pull a majority of the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with some exposure dust, gas or fumes.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.