Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it's our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we're growing! We are adding people to our team every day - people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for Laborers on our asphalt and concrete team that will work in IA, NE, SD. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
To complete various laborer and small equipment operation tasks to produce quality asphalt paving or concrete projects.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Equipment maintenance and operation.
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
4. Able and willing to travel and work in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota as needed
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Safely perform labor tasks including any of the following:
ASPHALT / AGGREGATE
2. Measures distance from grade stakes, drive stakes and stretch tight line.
3. Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
4. Levels earth using pick or shovel (Aggregate or asphalt).
5. Levels blacktop using lute.
6. Raise manhole covers.
7. Performs flagging duties as needed.
8. May operate small powered hand tools.
9. May operate small equipment including bobcat, tractor, or roller or move from one site to another.
10. Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) and operate small equipment, such as bobcat, tractor, jackhammer, roller, pickup truck, air compressor, tractor/packer, steel drum or rubber tire roller.
11. Shovel excess material away from crusher, screen or washplant unit as needed.
12. Remove road joints.
13. Hook up and unhook small trailer to pick-up.
14. Fill sand bags.
15. Change bag house bags.
16. Able to operate skidsteer for clean-up of materials.
17. Able to drive truck/skidsteer trailer combination to transport skidsteers and other equipment and material from site to site (CDL license).
18. Levels earth using pick or shovel (Aggregate or asphalt).
19. May operate small powered hand tools.
20. May operate small equipment including bobcat, tractor, or roller or move from one site to another.
21. Clean around shingle grinder and perform laboring tasks involving working with fiberglass and other types of shingle.
22. Shovel material spillage from around conveyors and shingle grinder.
23. Change and replace shingle grinder screens and teeth.
24. Monitor belts, bearings, fluid levels and operation of shingle grinder and conveyors.
25. Perform maintenance on shingle grinder and conveyors.
26. Perform daily equipment inspections.
27. Change bag house bags.
28. Bolt, nail, align and block up under forms.
29. Smoothes and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete using float, trowel or screed.
30. To keep concrete yard and buildings neat and clean looking.
31. Perform housekeeping on various company equipment to keep them looking good to the public and customers, easier for operators and maintenance to do preventative maintenance checks, and for maintenance personnel to make repairs when needed.
32. To operate asphalt/concrete saw.
33. Cutting and tying of rebar.
34. Perform general concrete set-up and tear-down of forms.
35. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others. Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
36. Ensure OSHA, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
37. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.