THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED OUT OF SERGEANT BLUFF OR SIOUX CENTER.
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value for their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work, and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufacture and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates, and other construction materials.
The Human Resource Generalist (HRG) is responsible for delivering on HR-related activities and works closely with the HR team and an assigned client group. This position implements and interprets HR policies, practices, and programs in support of the organization and the workforce
- Conducts the talent acquisition effort for all exempt and non-exempt positions, students, and temporary employees; conducts new hire orientation.
- Provides leadership to an assigned client group on all performance management activities, including training managers on the performance review process and the use of the system. Provides ongoing development and training opportunities to employees and leadership.
- Strategizes with client group leadership to anticipate and provide support for operational goals and needs. Handles Employee Relations inquiries and investigations by documenting and advising managers on the process and next steps. Responsible for helping leaders address employee performance issues. Advises management of workforce trends.
- Champion human resource practices and programs, with the overall objective of maintaining and nurturing a strong Loyalist, focused culture. Interprets and advises on HR policies and procedures.
- Advises on benefits as necessary and refers to complex issues to benefits. Acts as employee advocate as necessary to aid in resolving issues. Presents open enrollment presentations as necessary and responds to employee questions.
- Completes the offboarding process on all terminations. Items include exit interviews (voluntary terminations), coordinating final pay, closeout meeting with employee and manager.
- Participates in HR projects as a lead or contributing team member.
- Nurtures productive relationships within the HR team.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Provide back-up support to other HR team members
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Business and administration
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and training plus 4 or more years of HR experience with an emphasis on employee relations, talent acquisition, performance management, and employee development.
- Strong computer skills (experience with HR systems - e.g. SAP, SuccessFactors, Oracle). Highly proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Expertise in report writing and related analytics.
GCC Competencies / Position competencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: Office environment
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, the attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation, and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities, and experience.