Good Pay! Good Benefits! Good People! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it's our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we are growing! We are adding people to our team everyday - people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Heavy Equipment Operators on our concrete and asphalt team that work in IA, NE, SD. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible to safely operate equipment (Roller, Front-end loader, Backhoe, Blade, Dozer) to spread/level dirt/gravel/stone to grade specifications in construction maintenance and earthwork structures such as highways, streets, airports, dikes, and temporary roads.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Equipment operation and maintenance.
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card, and acceptable driving record.
4. Able and willing to travel and work in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.
3. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
4. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.