The FSQA Document Administrator assists in developing and maintaining the necessary systems to comply with SQF 2000 Code requirements and Document Control Administration. This role is responsible to analyze food safety and quality results and track performance against established goals and assist in periodic reporting of the department's performance.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: This list is not all inclusive, other duties assigned as necessary.
- Develop and maintain the Document Control and Administration function. Develop and maintain SQF documentation files for all departmental functions, including but not limited to all procedures and audit forms.
- Develops and maintains the databases for all required registers for SQF 200 Code requirements.
- Create and maintain new audit forms based on department needs.
- Reviews and maintains Quality Assurance, SOP's, and SQF documentation files.
- Communicate status of Document Control function & SQF Program: Success, barriers, food safety incidents and audits to appropriate personnel every month.
- Analyses food safety and quality audit results and track performance against established goals; assists with managing periodic reporting of food safety performance. Maintain documentation in relation to customer complaints and claims.
- Assist with food safety committee meetings or any other activity related to the implementation and maintenance of the SQF Program.
- Create and conduct training as needed for HAACP, Quality Assurance & Food Safety Programs.
- Coordinate with upper management to cover for FSQA management and technicians during absence.
- Any other activities as directed by management.
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
: Bachelor Degree in Food Science or related field or 2-4 years' experience in a meat manufacturing facility (pork preferred). HACCP Certification and SQF Internal Auditing training is preferred. Must have extensive knowledge of plant operations in regards to food safety and quality metrics. Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.COMMUNICATION SKILLS
: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work well with others. Expected to read and write policies, standard operational procedures, reports, and business correspondence for SQF Program. Ability to write reports and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.LANGUAGE SKILLS
: Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety files, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
: Ability to apply mathematical applications to practical situations and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.REASONING ABILITY
: Must have the ability to solve practical problems as well as interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
: Use of basic Statistical Process Control is required. Work requires advanced computer skills in Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access). Knowledge and experience in database programming in SQL/Access is desirable. Must be detail oriented, and an effective performer who can operate within strict time lines and adapt to a fast paced multi-task environment.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
: The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; move about the facility; use hands to finger, handle or feel/hold objects; and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; speak, hear, taste and smell. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift, push/pull up to 40 pounds.