Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it's our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we're growing! We are adding people to our team every day - people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Equipment Assistant on our Maintenance team. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible to perform a variety of accounting and administrative duties, order replacement parts for equipment repairs, and safely drive pickup to transport parts/materials to and from specified destinations
1. Over 6 months up to and including 1 year from post high school or high school equivalent, work, military, institutional or vocational environment.
2. Fluent with Microsoft Office and other back office ERP products such as JD Edwards.
3. Part or ordering experience preferred.
4. Minimum 2 years office-related experience.
5. Must have and maintain valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Enter variety of information into various modules of computer systems.
2. Telephone, e-mail, fax or otherwise contact vendors to order parts and equipment.
3. Prepare memos, correspondence, reports, permits, and other documents.
4. Perform variety of tasks to obtain financial data for use in equipment acquisition and disposal.
5. Compile and sort documents.
6. Verify and summarize details of business transactions/statements.
7. Prepare numerous reports and summaries as required by management.
8. Generate purchase orders and work orders for repairs. Enter equipment meter readings, daily inspection sheets and fuel usage.
9. Purchase, store and deliver equipment parts. May be required to hook and unhook trailer to pickup truck.
10. Assist with general building, yard, and equipment maintenance.
11. May be required to operate limited equipment.
12. Ensure OSHA safety and environmental regulation compliance.
13. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
14. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.).
Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How To Apply
Please visit our website at www.jobs.mdu.com; If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.