Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it's our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we're growing! We are adding people to our team every day - people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for Class A Truck Drivers on our traveling concrete and asphalt team that work in IA, NE, SD. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible to operate Straight truck, Distribution and Lowboy equipment and maintain properly to transport material to designated location in a timely manner.
1. Class A CDL required.
2. Previous truck driving experience.
3. Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and overtime.
4. Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members and the public.
5. Able and willing to travel and work in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Pre and post trip inspections. Maintains driver logs when applicable.
2. Daily maintenance of equipment such as cleaning truck inside and out, greasing, oiling, brakes, lights and any other maintenance instructed to perform.
3. Recognize surroundings and practice traffic awareness to maintain a safe environment.
4. Clean spilled material/buildup off box, belt, and gates.
5. Verify that gates are closed.
6. Discharge product.
7. Maintain proper information in truck cab pouch.
8. Report information accurately and completely on daily time cards, truck cab information and other needed paperwork.
9. Maintain and support a safe and harassment free work environment.
10. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written).
11. Ability to read maps and navigate to new locations.
12. Must be self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive attitude and act courteous and respectful toward others.
13. Ability to work with minimum supervision and recognize matters needing attention and initiate action on that recognition.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How To Apply
Please visit our website at www.jobs.mdu.com; If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.