Drive for the leader in dairy!
As a driver at Dean Foods, you will be home every night. Our drivers safely deliver/unload various dairy products. We have great opportunities immediately available for dependable Class A CDL Tractor Trailer Drivers, rate of pay $21.14 per hour! As you grow your career, we provide additional advancement opportunities. Dean Foods provides excellent benefits, including: Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision programs, Life Insurance, Matching 401(k) benefits, Vacation. Schedule: Sun - Th - 6:00 pm - 6:00 am Job Description & Requirements
- Drives Tractor Trailer and delivers pre-ordered (call, fax, CRP) products, may provide merchandising support based on customer requirements; non*driver controlled order; delivers on a Straight or Pup Truck
- Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner
- Load or unload cases of product manually with hook, handcart or pallet-jack onto and off the truck.
- Ensure load is properly secured.
- Collect empty cases.
- Stacking and dragging of cases of milk with a metal hook
- Collects or picks up empty containers and rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Collection of money from customers and record transaction on customer receipt.
- Ensure that all accounts are maintained according to the published schematics.
- Submit all customer paperwork and deposits daily; including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints.
- Required to either transport product across state lines, or if delivering intrastate, to haul some products that originate in other states.
- Checks load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
- Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork including delivery tickets, pre and post trip inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year related experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Balance-pulling product, climb in and out of truck.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to six cases on hand truck. (cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs.).
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors. Temperature range from 34-120 degrees F.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays. * Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess and maintain a CDL Class A with Air Brake endorsement.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.