Would you like to be part in making a different in children's lives while also enjoying the summer outdoors AND have your evenings & weekends free? Join our team! Camp Autumn is a therapeutic day camp, providing children with a safe, therapeutic space to work through trauma and adversity, and obtain needed social and emotional skills. In addition to hope and healing, Camp Autumn provides kids with a FUN camp experience; including, swimming, fishing, kayaking, arts and crafts, sports, nature, and so much more! Be part of making a different by joining our team at Camp Autumn in Summer 2021!
We are currently seeking a compassionate, high-energy individual who loves working with children to be a summer Therapy Scribe Intern.
The Therapy Scribe Intern will:
• Transcribe group and individual therapy sessions under the supervision of a licensed social worker or mental health provider
• Work with licensed social worker or mental health provider to ensure all therapy notes are entered accurately into the client's Electronic Health Record
• Assist as necessary with preparation for group activities, such as preparing supplies, reviewing paperwork, etc.
• Assist as necessary with therapy group activities, under the supervision of the licensed social worker or mental health provider
• Assist with camp cleanup and sanitation procedures at the end of each day
• Assist in the development of a positive, healing environment for individuals receiving therapy services
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required
• Must be a student working toward a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a Social Work, Psychology, or similar type of program or through an accredited college or university
• Must be highly organized and have excellent communication skills
• Must be willing to be flexible in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Experience working with children is required
• Experience working with children with behavioral health challenges is preferred
• A current First Aid/CPR certification or willingness to obtain one is preferred
• Experience working in a camp setting is preferred
This is a part-time summer internship located in Sutherland, IA, and will be 4 days per week from mid-May to the mid-August. We will also take one week off for the 4th of July. Dates to be determined.
For more information, please visit us as www.seasonscenter.org or contact our human resources department at 712-262-2922.
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.