Would you like to be part in making a different in children's lives while also enjoying the summer outdoors AND have your evenings & weekends free? Join our team! Camp Autumn is a therapeutic day camp, providing children with a safe, therapeutic space to work through trauma and adversity, and obtain needed social and emotional skills. In addition to hope and healing, Camp Autumn provides kids with a FUN camp experience; including, swimming, fishing, kayaking, arts and crafts, sports, nature, and so much more! Be part of making a different by joining our team at Camp Autumn in Summer 2021!
We are currently seeking a high-energy individual who loves working with children to be our summer Camp Sports Program Specialist.
The Camp Sports Program Specialist will:
• Provide high quality sports and recreation activities to campers
• Plan, organize, and lead activities for campers of varying ages and abilities
• Guiding campers in their personal growth and skill development
• Creating and fostering a positive and encouraging atmosphere
• Assisting with the transportation of campers to and from camp when needed
• Assist with camp cleanup and sanitation procedures at the end of each day
• Monitoring the general safety of all campers and camp staff
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required
• Knowledge of rules and theory of various sporting activities and games is required
• A certification in First Aid/CPR, or a willingness to obtain one is required
• Must be willing and able to submit health history record forms
• Experience working with children is required
• Experience facilitating sports and recreational activities is preferred
This is a full-time summer position located in Sutherland, IA. Regular hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, and camp will run from late May to the middle of August. We will also take one week off for the 4th of July. Dates to be determined.
For more information, please visit us as www.seasonscenter.org or contact our human resources department at 712-262-2922.
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.