Camp Autumn is a therapeutic day camp that opened in June 2017 and has served over 200 children in its two years of operation. At Camp Autumn, children are provided with a safe, therapeutic space to work through trauma and adversity, obtain needed social and emotional skills, in addition to all the fun things that come with camp, including swimming, fishing, kayaking, arts and crafts, sports, and so much more! You can make a difference in many lives by joining our team at Camp Autumn in Summer 2019!
We are currently seeking a high energy individual who loves working with children to be our full-time Camp/School Based Therapist. This position would provide services in area schools during the academic year and at Camp Autumn during the summer months. Camp runs from late May to the middle of August, and regular hours are Monday - Friday during the day. There is not camp during the week of July 4th.
The Camp/School Based Therapist will:
- Diagnose and treat children suffering from mental, emotional, or behavioral health challenges
- Complete individual and group counseling to assist in overcoming challenges, adjusting to life, and making changes
- Guide children in their personal growth and skill development
- Collaborate with family members and school staff to assist in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the children's needs
- Apply evidence-based practices and interventions
- A Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy is required
- A licensed or eligible to acquire a license in Iowa is required (LMHC, LMSW, LISW or LMFT preferred)
- Experience working with children with behavioral health needs is preferred
- Experience working in a camp setting is preferred
For more information, please visit us as www.seasonscenter.org or contact our human resources department at 800-242-5101
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Benefits available to all eligible employees are available at the bottom of the careers tab at www.seasonscenter.org.
Seasons Center is an approved site for the NHSC loan repayment program.