Would you like to be part in making a different in children’s lives while also enjoying the summer outdoors? Camp Autumn is a therapeutic day camp, providing children with a safe, therapeutic space to work through trauma and adversity, and obtain needed social and emotional skills. In addition to hope and healing, Camp Autumn provides kids with a FUN camp experience; including, swimming, fishing, kayaking, arts and crafts, sports, nature, and so much more! Be part of making a different by joining our team at Camp Autumn in Summer 2020!
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is currently seeking a high energy, passionate individual to be our summer Camp Healthcare Technician/Nurse.
The Camp Healthcare Technician/Nurse will:
- Provide first-aid and monitor all health and sanitation procedures at camp
- Review health histories of campers within 24 hours of the first arrival at camp
- Collect any medications to be dispensed during the camper’s enrollment
- Administer medications as prescribed
- Complete appropriate documentation and follow up as it relates to medication collection, storage, and administration
- Complete review of medical equipment and supply lists and order supplies as needed
- Assist with the organization/preparation of and participation in camp activities when needed
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- A certification in Medication Management and Administration is required
- A certification in First Aid, CPR/AED, and Blood-borne Pathogens or the willingness to obtain one is required
- Must be willing and able to submit health history record forms
- Experience working with children is required
- Experience working with children with behavioral health challenges is preferred
- An RN, LPN, CNA, or CMA is preferred
This is a full-time summer position located in Sutherland, IA. Regular hours will be Monday – Friday during the day, and camp will run from late May to the middle of August. There will not be camp during the week of June 29th-July 3rd.
For more information, please visit us as www.seasonscenter.org or contact our human resources department at 712-262-2922.
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.