Would you like to be part in making a different in children's lives while also enjoying the summer outdoors AND have your evenings & weekends free? Join our team! Camp Autumn is a therapeutic day camp, providing children with a safe, therapeutic space to work through trauma and adversity, and obtain needed social and emotional skills. In addition to hope and healing, Camp Autumn provides kids with a FUN camp experience; including, swimming, fishing, kayaking, arts and crafts, sports, nature, and so much more! Be part of making a different by joining our team at Camp Autumn in Summer 2021!
We are currently seeking multiple high-energy individuals who love working with children to be our summer Camp Counselors.
Camp counselors will:
• Provide high quality indoor and outdoor educational and recreational experiences to campers
• Assist with the planning, coordinating, and leading of games and activities
• Guide campers in their personal growth and skill development
• Create and foster a positive and encouraging atmosphere
• Assist with camp cleanup and sanitation procedures at the end of each day
• Assist with the transportation of campers to and from camp when needed
• Monitor the general safety of all campers and camp staff
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required
• A certification in First Aid/CPR, or a willingness to obtain one is required
• Must be willing and able to submit health history record forms
• Experience working with children with behavioral health challenges is preferred
The Camp Counselor positions are full-time summer positions located in Sutherland, IA. Regular hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, and camp will run from late May to the middle of August. We will also take one week off for the 4th of July. Dates to be determined.
Bachelors Level Internships
Seasons can provide this opportunity as a paid summer internship for students working toward a bachelor's degree in areas of social work, human services or related fields. Camp counselors will have the opportunity to work with a variety of Seasons' highly trained staff and receive hands-on experience working with clients to achieve their goals. Individuals must be seeking an internship through an accredited college or university and meet all minimum requirements as seen above.
For more information, please visit us as www.seasonscenter.org or contact our human resources department at 712-262-2922.
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.