Would you like to be part in making a different in children's lives while also enjoying the summer outdoors AND have your evenings & weekends free? Join our team! Camp Autumn is a therapeutic day camp, providing children with a safe, therapeutic space to work through trauma and adversity, and obtain needed social and emotional skills. In addition to hope and healing, Camp Autumn provides kids with a FUN camp experience; including, swimming, fishing, kayaking, arts and crafts, sports, nature, and so much more! Be part of making a different by joining our team at Camp Autumn in Summer 2021!
We are currently seeking an experienced and high-energy individual to be our summer Aquatic Supervisor.
The Aquatic Supervisor will:
• Ensure the health and safety of campers and staff during all water activities
• Evaluate and classify campers' swimming abilities to ensure that campers are assigned to areas, equipment, facilities, and activities appropriate for their abilities
• Assess and document that every camp lifeguard has demonstrated skills in rescue and emergency procedures specific to the camp's aquatic areas and activities
• Conduct regular inspections of camp watercraft
• Enforce water safety rules and procedures in a constructive, educational, and effective manner
• Assist with the planning and coordinating of water and waterfront activities
• Assist with camp cleanup and sanitation procedures at the end of each day
• Provide appropriate and efficient emergency response when needed
• Oversee that all lifeguarding staff are completing their necessary duties as assigned
• Provide appropriate training to other camp staff as necessary
• Support other camp staff during non-water activities
• At least six weeks of experience in a management or supervisory positions at a similar aquatic setting is required
• A current Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certification is required
• A current Waterfront Lifeguard certification is preferred
• A current Lifeguard Instructor certification is preferred
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required
• Must be at least 21 years-of-age
• Must have completed or be willing to complete additional aquatics management or supervision training from a nationally recognized aquatics organization
• Must be able to pass a practical skills test in the water
• Must also be willing and able to submit health history record forms
• Additional training and one year of experience lifeguarding a natural body of water is preferred
The Aquatic Supervisor position is a full-time summer positions located in Sutherland, IA. Regular hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, and camp will run from late May to the middle of August. We will also take one week off for the 4th of July. Dates to be determined.
For more information, please visit us as www.seasonscenter.org or contact our human resources department at 712-262-2922.
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.