The Inventory Control Clerk maintains and updates all aspects of inventory within the warehouses. Reconciles discrepancies in inventories and notifies Management of irregularities. Communicates all inventory inquires through proper channels.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels using existing processes and procedures.
- Performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to WMS generated reports.
- Performs inventory cycle counts, verifies and reconciles on current WMS system.
- Transfers, relocates, & receives Finished Goods using RF scanners.
- Documents and reports all discrepancies to Management daily for submission & filing
- Performs data entry using existing or updated spreadsheets or systems on Microsoft, WMS, & AS400.
- Discusses & answers questions on certain inventory via email, in person, or telephone on a daily basis.
- Works with Corporate office personnel on existing inventory allocation and/or disposition.
- Leading role in the annual physical inventory checks and balances.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Shipping, receiving and inventory activities and functions.
- Proficient computer skills, especially programs relating to inventory to include Microsoft Office.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to work across all departments connected to warehouse.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare routine documentation and reports.
- Team player. Lead by example.
- Ability to operate Pallet Jack, sit-down Forklift, stand-up forklift, and High Reach forklift.
- Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with RF scanners is a plus.
High School diploma/GED. 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Read, write, and speak English is required.
- Read and interpret documents in the English language.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
Frequently handle objects of 30-50 pounds may be required. Occasionally handle objects of 60-90 pounds may be required.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Consistently working in an environment ranging from +35 to -20 degrees.